Everybody is welcome to Community House, whatever their age, faith or background.
Among the groups who meet at present are:
- A multicultural playgroup for young children.
- Youth clubs.
- Tuesday Lunch Club for the elderly, sometimes joined by Young Citizens from Maindee Primary School.
- A club for the visually impaired.
- Ashianna, a club with courses and information for Asian ladies.
- ESOL classes and a Talk Club for people learning English.
- Classes run by organisations such as WEA and University College of Wales, Newport.
- Dads’r’Us where fathers can spend time with their children.
Christian Worship Services on Sundays:
- Presbyterian Church meets 11.00am except 2nd Sunday of the month at 3.00pm.
- Church of God of Prophecy meets 12.30 - 2.30pm.
- Conqueror’s Assembly meets at 3.00pm except 2nd Sunday of the month at 10.00am.
- Also midday service on Tuesdays.
Community House is the first ever Peace Mala accredited community centre...
Same organisation - New Management
Still 'building up a caring community'
The Presbyterian Church of Wales appoints its first Inter Faith Development Worker