Who are we targeting?
- We are targeting girls from B.M.E. ages 11 – 25 yrs.
- All B.M.E. girls are welcome at the club girls who access education via school, college or who are working.
- Girls who do not have access any outside provision through home visits via Asian youth worker.
What is the Project?
- The project provides positive learning experiences for Asian girls between the ages 11 - 25.
- Aims to encourage Asian girls to access social and Leisure educational activities.
- The provision provides with projects such as art workshops and issue based discussions which provide girls with an opportunity to express their views and opinions.
- The girls are given opportunity to take part in outside activities e.g. residential, visit to Welsh Assembly, Asian festivals at Swindon and Birmingham.
What are we trying to achieve?
- In E.D.G.E. we are trying to achieve an atmosphere that celebrates cultural diversity and religion and where the girls feel respected, valued and listened to.
- The girls feel safe and welcomed at the club. Also have chance to have fun and take part in recreational activities and socialise with peer group.
- To feel part of community taking part in community events e.g. Maindee festival, visit of Zimbabwe group to club.
- Have an opportunity to express themselves work together through creative opportunities e.g. dance, fashion, trips to cultural event.
Community House is the first ever Peace Mala accredited community centre...
Same organisation - New Management
Still 'building up a caring community'
The Presbyterian Church of Wales appoints its first Inter Faith Development Worker